- Information that we collect from you
Information you provide
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Tauseel account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Tauseel account.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Tauseel’s services as a driver or delivery partner. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Tauseel’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Tauseel customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Tauseel.
- Address book or calendar: If you permit the Tauseel app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book for purposes such as facilitating social interactions through our services. If you permit the Tauseel app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
Information created when you use our services
Depending on the Tauseel services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, Tauseel collects location information when the Tauseel app is running in the foreground or background of your device.
- If you are a rider and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Tauseel collects location information when the Tauseel app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Tauseel also collects this information when the Tauseel app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders and delivery recipients may use the Tauseel app without enabling Tauseel to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Tauseel app. For example, if you do not enable Tauseel to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Tauseel to collect your location information.
Tauseel also collects the data or location of the driver through the GPS system enabled in the delivery motorcycles.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and Tauseel through the Tauseel apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Tauseel receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Tauseel may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
- User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Tauseel business partners through which you create or access your Tauseel account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Tauseel’s APIs or whose API Tauseel uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps).
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Tauseel may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
We may collect technical information from your mobile device or your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, location data and certain characteristics of, and performance data about your device, carrier/operating system including device and connection type, IP address, mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Tauseel mobile application, through your mobile's browser or otherwise.
- How we use the information
- We may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or our services.
- Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by e-mail.
- Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may also share information with third parties (including those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to use your information in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) and/or e-mail) and to help us analyses the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out below and/or amending your profile accordingly.
- Please note that by submitting comments and feedback regarding the Website and the services, you consent to us to use such comments and feedback on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside.
- Disclosure of your information
- The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers.
- If you have consented, we may allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, our affiliates and associates, to contact you occasionally about services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by telephone, SMS as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out below and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our Website Terms and any other agreement, or to protect the rights of Tauseel, Partner Restaurants or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- Security and data retention
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will keep your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.